This educational package by award-winning author and editor Angela Meyer will help you learn how to create compelling fictional characters.
It contains video, audio and written components that you can watch, listen to or read at your own pace.
It is structured in the following way:
Video component (with transcript)
* Introduction to characterisation, character arcs, point of view, central versus supporting characters, protagonists and antagonists.
* 15 ways to create well-rounded characters your reader will be invested in and who will carry your story.
* Common pitfalls/what not to do.
Written and audio component
* Further investigations: How the character arc relates to plot, how characters interact with themes, how character integrates with your story as a whole. Tips on character physicality, dialogue, and more.
* In-depth examples and case studies (from both literary and genre fiction).
* Prompts and activities.
* Comprehensive resource list for further reading.
* Original interviews with contemporary authors on how they created their unforgettable characters.
Angela’s unerring instinct for story makes her one of the best editors around. In particular, her skills in character development and its relationship to plot are outstanding. Having had the pleasure of working with Angela on three novels, I can attest to her high level of professionalism and easy manner.
Angela has an extraordinary eye for structure and plot, and a forensic approach to character development. Her feedback is always detailed and insightful, and gives authors concrete guidance on how to plug any story or character holes.